The Special Cell caters to the hitherto untouched SC segments of society. While much Research and Training has happened in respect of the educated, upcoming and better off sections; very little attention has been paid to unorganized workers, less educated housewives, idle workforce, SC representatives in Panchayati Raj Institutions (especially at village level).
Domestic Worker Training
To provide basic housekeeping training like sweeping, dusting, cleaning of utensils, bathroom and toilets and garbage disposal Maintain daily or weekly etc. by the National Occupational Standards. This is a 21 days training Programme. It covers the below modules-
- Kitchen Safety and Maintenance.
- Kitchen Appliances usage and maintenance.
- Housekeeping and cleaning/hygiene.
- Washing Machine Usage and Maintenance.
- Arranging different types of clothes (in wardrobes, cupboards, trunks etc.)
- Personal Hygiene and behaviour at work i.e. how to maintain personal cleanliness.
- Communication and Life skills.
Interaction with domestic workers in 4 district
Total Special Cell Projects
Self Help Group Training
A Self Help Group is a village-based financial intermediary usually composed of 15-20 local women who learn to make small regular saving by developing basic handmade things and materials.
As SHG are small and economically homogenous affinity groups of rural poor, they are voluntarily coming together for achieving the following- To save small amount of money regularly, to mutually agree to contribute a common fund, to meet their emergency needs, to have collective decision making, to solve conflicts through collective leadership mutual discussion, to provide collateral free loan with terms decided by the group at the market driven rates.
The rural poor are in-capacitated due to various reasons such as; most of them are socially backward, illiterate, with low motivation and poor economic base. Individually, a poor is not weak in socio-economic term but also lacks access to the knowledge and information, which are the most important components of today's development process. However, in a group, they are empowered to overcome many of these weaknesses, hence there are needs for SHGs which is specific terms are as under: -
How to Apply Process or Eligibility (Domestic Worker Training)?
- To provide SHG training what is Money? How to manage money for business development? Thoughts on positive thinking? Training on Atrocity act and RTI.
- To mobilize the resources of the individual members for their collective economic development.
- To create a habit of savings, utilization of local resources.
- To mobilize individual skills for group's interst.
- To create awareness about right.
- To identify problems, analyzing and finding solutions in the groups.
- Fill up the Survey Form, Application Form, questionnaire Form. Candidates can apply offline form in BARTI office or form will be available with BARTI samtadoots.
- Then selection of Domestic Worker or Self Help Group for training is carried out by BARTI Special Cell.