About the Department
RESEARCH DEPARTMENT :
The research department of BARTI was established in the year 2012.The department is known as key resource department working on issues of Social justice and equality that requires in-depth research, analysis and evaluation. BARTI envisages to encourage research in all areas connected to Social Justice and Equity such as Removal of Caste Bias, development of Scientific Temperament, Ethics and Moral Values, Fraternity and brotherhood, National Integration, Communal Harmony, Peace and Tolerance, Justice for women, Removal of Disparity, etc. Efforts related to these research focus areas will result in findings that will have national relevance and in providing crucial inputs for policy makers.
RESEARCH REPORTS SUBMITTED TO STATE GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA.
- A Study of the social status of the Dhobi community in the state of Maharashtra regarding untouchability (1996).
- Idate Report- Regarding VimuktJati and Nomadic Tribes (1999).
- The study of current status of Hindu Khatik Caste community within Maharashtra.
- Analytical study of real situation of Manual Scavengers under Pune Municipal Corporation.
- The study of socio - economical and educational Status of Mang Garudi community in Pune District.
- Removal of Area Restriction in respect of Kaikadi Community in Maharashtra and enlist them in the list of Scheduled Castes.
- The study of socio-Economical and educational survey of Madiga community within Maharashtra State.
- The study of Socio - Economical and educational Status of Holar community.
- The study of policies regarding Reservation in Promotions.
- Socio - economic and educational study of Gosavi community.
RESEARCH PROJECTS COMPLETED
- Survey of facilities available in settlements with more than 50% Scheduled Caste population in Maharashtra.
- Eminent Economist 3 project : - Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Economic Thoughts to the Agrarian Distress and Farmer Suicide in Maharashtra. 2. Collective Farming and contemporary challenge. 3. Economic thoughts of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and its Relevance in the world economic Context.
- Research Integration Project – Educational and Socio-economic status of Gatai Charmkars in Aurangabad and Nashik.
- The study of Pardhi Community within Pune district.
- Benchmark Survey of Govt. Schemes for Scheduled Caste in Maharashtra.
- The study of the backwardness of the Bengali Namoshudra community and their inclusion in the Scheduled Castes in Maharashtra.
- Socio- economic and educational study of Mehatar - Valmiki
- Socio- economic and educational study of Vadar Caste.