About the Department
RESEARCH DEPARTMENT :
The research department of BARTI was established in the year 2012.The department is known as key resource department working on issues of Social justice and equality that requires in-depth research, analysis and evaluation. BARTI envisages to encourage research in all areas connected to Social Justice and Equity such as Removal of Caste Bias, development of Scientific Temperament, Ethics and Moral Values, Fraternity and brotherhood, National Integration, Communal Harmony, Peace and Tolerance, Justice for women, Removal of Disparity, etc. Efforts related to these research focus areas will result in findings that will have national relevance and in providing crucial inputs for policy makers.
RESEARCH REPORTS SUBMITTED TO STATE GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA.
- A Study of the social status of the Dhobi community in the state of Maharashtra regarding untouchability (1996).
- Idate Report- Regarding VimuktJati and Nomadic Tribes (1999).
- The study of current status of Hindu Khatik Caste community within Maharashtra.
- Analytical study of real situation of Manual Scavengers under Pune Municipal Corporation.
- The study of socio - economical and educational Status of Mang Garudi community in Pune District.
- Removal of Area Restriction in respect of Kaikadi Community in Maharashtra and enlist them in the list of Scheduled Castes.
- The study of socio-Economical and educational survey of Madiga community within Maharashtra State.
- The study of Socio - Economical and educational Status of Holar community.
- The study of policies regarding Reservation in Promotions.
- Socio - economic and educational study of Gosavi community.
RESEARCH PROJECTS COMPLETED
- Survey of facilities available in settlements with more than 50% Scheduled Caste population in Maharashtra.
- Eminent Economist 3 project : - Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Economic Thoughts to the Agrarian Distress and Farmer Suicide in Maharashtra. 2. Collective Farming and contemporary challenge. 3. Economic thoughts of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and its Relevance in the world economic Context.
- Research Integration Project – Educational and Socio-economic status of Gatai Charmkars in Aurangabad and Nashik.
- The study of Pardhi Community within Pune district.
- Benchmark Survey of Socio, economic education development of Scheduled Caste in Maharashtra.
- The study of the backwardness of the Bengali Namoshudra community and their inclusion in the Scheduled Castes in Maharashtra.
- Socio- economic and educational study of Mehatar - Valmiki
- Socio- economic and educational study of Vadar Caste.
- Action Research on Inter caste Marriage.
- Socio Economic status of Mang Garudi caste of Rahatenagar Slum in Nagpur.
Following are the different programs under the department:
Evaluation Cell undertakes the study of important Schemes being implemented through the Social Justice & Special Assistant Department, Govt. of Maharashtra for upliftment of individual & common benefit of scheduled castes.
As per decision taken in the meeting of board of Governance held on 7/12/2012 subject No. 6, some of the important schemes are evaluated by BARTI. The evaluation report is useful for the government to take policy decisions.
- Objectives of Evaluation study
- To Find out the main purpose of Scheme is fulfilled or not.
- To find out the beneficiaries are in the target group.
- To find out the given financial assistance is enough
- To find out the expected result of scheme
- To map obstacles in implementation of the scheme & suggestions thereon.
- Methodology of Evaluation Study
- Collection of Primary data from district level offices about schemes.
- Selection of beneficiary with the help of primary data using sampling methods.
- Preparation of Questionnaire as per objects of evaluation.
- Conduct Pilot survey for testing information in the Questionnaire.
- After amendment in the Questionnaire final Questionnaire is prepared.
- The information of the beneficiary is collected during field visit.
- Scrutiny of data & data entry of information filled in the Questionnaire.
- Tabulation & Analysis of scrutinized data.
- Draft report of the evaluation survey is prepared on Analysis & Tabulation. Draft Report is submit for the approval of Hon Director General of BARTI
- After getting approval Final report Submitted to Government of Maharashtra & Hon. Commissioner, Social Welfare Dept.
List of Evaluation completed Schemes
- Ramai Awas Yojana (Rural)
- Savitribai Phule Scholarship Scheme
- Scholarship Scheme for 50 students from Scheduled Caste for education in Foreign Countries
- Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship Scheme for the students of Scheduled Caste in the State of Maharashtra, for taking higher education in the Educational Institutions within India
- Scheme for Financial Assistance to the Industrial Co-operative Societies of Scheduled Castes
- Karmveer Dadasaheb Gaikwad Empowerment and Self Respect Scheme
- Grant-in-aid to the Hostels being run by Self Service Institutions for Backward Class students
- Motor Vehicle Driver and Conductor Training Scheme for the Scheduled Castes and Navbuddha candidates
- Motor Vehicle Driver and Conductor Training Scheme for candidates in VJNT,OBC and SBC
- Supply Mini tractor & its accessories to Self Help Groups of Scheduled Castes & Navbaudha
- Grant-in-aid to the Ashramshala being run by Self Service Institutions
- Scheme for supplying tin stalls to Gatai karagir
- Financial Assistance Scheme to promote inter-caste marriage
Evaluation Studies In Progress
- Pre-matric scholarship to children of cleaning workers
- Ramai Awas Yojana
- To collect District wise information about Karmaveer Dadasaheb Gaikwad Empowerment and Self Respect Scheme & submit report
- Stipend for the Trainees in Industrial Training Institutes
- Evaluation of the schemes implemented by BARTI. (BANRF Scholarship Scheme)
- Regarding modern equipment to sugarcane workers
Future Evaluation Schemes
- Education Fees Examination Fees
- To evaluate BARTI’s Scheme
- Schemes of Agriculture Department under Special Component Plan
- To evaluate the Schemes of other departments